Clark's comments in "Summer Blue." I'm going to go ahead an blame the high temperatures we've had throughout September and even some of October for the reason that I haven't finished recording our summer adventures. I should probably be grading, but I'm getting so behind on blogging that if I don't catch up quick, I'll be a goner forever.
BEAR LAKE
Our August trip to Utah had many adventures. After the rodeo and our time in Driggs, we headed down to Bear Lake for our annual Monson Reunion. It was the first time that Clark was able to make it and we had loads of fun boating, playing tennis and hanging with the fam. I only got mad at him once for running off to blog about sports (Just a common misunderstanding that I imagine happens in every relationship; and it sounds like Amy and I have a hard time getting along when the first thing she mentions about our trip is how many times she got mad at me. And saying "only" once makes it sound like she was surprised. Amy and I have a fantastic relationship. The fact I am even jokingly explaining this will have a lot of you worried, so I am going to stop now) and I didn't even try to make him water ski.
Playing dead--not too hard in that frigid water temperature! The illustrious "dead man's float." Thanks Boy Scouts of America.
The losers of our pool volleyball-ish game had to go down the slide upside down... The punishments are harsh, but fair at the Monson reunions.
Spending time with sisters-in-law... And of course little Boyd got lots of attention. He is just too adorable.
Clark spent some quality time on the tube (appropriately named "Mable") though my siblings and little cousins tried hard to get him off. I, on the other hand, had no trouble at all getting him in the water once I was behind the wheel of the boat! He was there one moment...
Gone the next! Nothing like flying 4 feet off the water at 25 MPH and hitting the water. It was fun.
Round two ended about the same :)
It's only protocol that in August we get a thunderstorm or two. This time we got hail as well, though it didn't seem to bother Beth or Boyd.
It may not have been the safest time to be at the beach considering everyone's hair was starting to stand on end due to all the electricity in the air. Your hair stands up if a ghost is around, so you decide what you think it is. Electricity or ghosts?
Refuge under the beach tent.
Still a pretty view, despite the hail...
TEN YEAR REUNION
In the year 2000, Clark joyfully celebrated his graduation. Ten years later we were not celebrating the fact that he was elected Senior Class President. Planning a reunion, especially when you live across the country, is not a fun endeavor for the once class president nor his wife. We spent our next few days in Provo scrambling around the city trying to pull together the last few details. All in all it ended up being a nice event with a pretty decent turn out. We had a casual picnic lunch at the park where people could bring there kids, then that evening we had a dinner and program in the Timpview commons. I spent far too much time make those darn tissue paper balls and the candy center pieces. We have to give a huge shout out to my mom and our siblings who helped with various aspects of the reunion. Also need to thank my siblings for running the food and thanks to Mel Farnsworth and Jordy Nelson for helping set up and thanks to the many people who volunteered to help, but then just couldn't show up at the last minute. But seriously, lots of help. It was great. And we can't forget Reuben either. We couldn't have done it without them.
Clark was the star of the night, keeping everyone entertained. The trivia portion was one of the best parts, as well as the auction. Actually, the best part was probably once everything was done and cleaned up :) The second best part of the reunion planning was the discovering Black Bears from the Startup candy company. Cinnamon bears dipped in dark chocolate = heaven...and eventually type II diabetes.
Some of us got together at Clark's house afterward where we hung out on the trampoline, talking until the wee hours of the morning and sipping peach ole from Will's Pit Stop. I honestly had a great time at the reunion. It was one of the most stressful moments in my life, but it was so great to see so many old friends.
THE INBETWEEN MOMENTS
In few times we weren't planning a reunion or out of town, we tried to spend quality time with friends and family.
We had a fun time roasting hot dogs and mallows with my Scroll friends. It's always great to see them and see how fast the everyone's babies are growing!
J-dogs is always a tasty treat. I could totally go for one right now...
And who wouldn't enjoy a little of this to liven up their drive home from running errands?

7 comments:
ahh, peach ole! so good... i didn't even put two and two together when i talked to you that YOU would be doing a bunch of work for the class reunion. duh! glad it went well...and now you can gear up for the 20th. :)
So good to be caught up on the blog! (Although now you need to catch us up on what you've been doing since you got back home!) Love you guys!
Aw, the reunion pics look so fun! I'm sad I missed ours last year!! The decorations look great, and you guys seriously get major props for pulling it all together from far away. I'm sure Clark was a riot, he's always good at keeping the crowd entertained : )
Way to make me feel old, Amy...Clark graduated in 2000, I gave birth to my youngest children (who are now quite old) in 2000! ;)
Wish we could have been there for the reunion, looks like fun!! :) You guys did a great job planning and decorating!
I am exhausted just reading your post! What fun and WHAT hard work!!! You are two of my favorite people ;)
LOVE,
Mags
i'm completely impressed by this update. and by the fact that you went to your high school reunion :)
will you come visit me in florida?
:)
Post a Comment