Sunday, May 15, 2011

Day 2: Celebrating sunny skies

 With all our crew together, we spent the next two days packing in all the fun Seattle has to offer.  Not all of the fun.  We didn't make it to a Seattle Mariners game.  I'm not bitter.  This is Clark bee tee dubs.
 Before we hit the city, everyone surprised us with a baby shower / game show.  Basically, Cassie, the host, presented the parents-to-be with a question.  After we each gave our answers, the audience got to decide whose answer they liked better, voting for either mommy or daddy.  It was very fun and sweet.  I'm not going to say who won, but essentially Amy's answers were all about punishing the child, while I was more inclined to talk it out and use the poor behaviors scenarioed as opportunities to teach.  Parenting will be so awesome.  I can't wait to teach my kids about how their mom's punishments aren't really mean, but necessary.  I have first-hand knowledge of this principle.
 Then it was time to head downtown. . . 
We enjoyed a walk by the Space Needle and were presented with our first challenge at the fountain.  (We each were trying to earn brain, heart and courage points as we vied for the title of King / Queen Green).  Cass offered a bravery point to each person who touched the fountain.
Who knew how handy those rain ponchos were going to be on such a sunny day!   Note that not all our friends chose to earn a bravery point.  We did have quite the influence on all the kiddos that were at the fountain that day.  I am sure their moms were grateful...
 The Girls:  Mel, Hil, Amy, Cass, Bon, Becca, Ash, Tara, Jen
Our next adventure was the Duck Tour:
The Duck Tour is a guaranteed good time if you are with your friends.  We enjoyed seeing lots of the city, laughing at our tour guides silly jokes (and Clark's really funny/slightly inappropriate one), and watching him put the moves on Cass.   A good time all around.
 After the Duck Tour we headed down to Pike's Market and the Waterfront for the rest of the afternoon.
 The rooftop was lined with daffodils.  So pretty!
The salmon chowder we had for lunch was amazing!
Then came our next challenge.  We were divided into teams (lions, tigers, and bears, of course) and put to the task of accomplishing as many challenges/scavenger hunt items as possible in just 30 minutes.  Team Tiger had two pregnant ladies on its team but that didn't stop us from running throughout the city and taking pictures with random strangers!  Sometimes I underestimate the competitive nature of my wife.  I did this time.  Her team beat us by one picture, although it was a fun photo scavenger hunt and I thought our team did really well. 
I'm proud to say that the Tigers came in #1.  Sorry, Clark.  Apology certainly not accepted.
 The infamous Gum Wall.  Yes, we added to it (rather hesitantly)...
...but we weren't nearly as artistic or as thoughtful of this Duke fan.
 The waterfront.
Once back at the house we got cozy in the darling green pants that Bonnie made for all the girls.
They are so comfortable.  I would wear them all the time if I could.
The rest of the night we spent hanging out, showing off our talents, and of course, writing some outstanding original poetry.
We would like to thank C for teaching us all about bear scat (needs no further explanation) and other words we can no longer pronounce.
And to think, all this happened on Friday.  We still had Saturday and Sunday ahead of us!




4 comments:

Cindy said...

I love that you have such awesome friends! I don't love that your blog still thinks it's private...

;)

Lindsey said...

You are all so fun and creative!!! And your shower looked so cute and fun too!!

Maurine said...

Wow you guys are fun. Love the wizard of oz theme.

Hilary said...

You are so good to have documented our adventures so well! Love it.