Some friends are just friends and some friends feel like family. One of the great things about our extended time in Utah this summer was the chance to see many dear friends that now live all over the country.
Growing up down the street from the Parkinson family makes me feel like I have a second mom and a handful of sisters. It was lovely to spend a morning with them. Jeni's ice cream made it all the sweeter.
Friends who've made it through all the innocence of elementary school, the awkwardness of middle school and the emotional years of high school are bound to each other forever, aren't they? Only snapped a picture at one of our yummy outings, but both nights were wonderful. So nice to have friends with whom you can both laugh and cry.
Hadn't seen this childhood friend since our college days in Logan. So fun that our paths crossed in Midway, Utah of all places and that I got to snuggle Jocelyn's cute little baby girl.
We've made some dear friends here in Durham. Most all of whom move away. Can't tell you how much we miss little Esther and the Crittenden fam. It was a reunion of supreme cuteness to get these two friends together again. Baby Sam also contributed well to the cuteness.
Sometimes good things happen and lots of friends from the Durham 2nd ward end up in the same city at the same time. What fun it was to be there for such a reunion--even if just for a little while. Great to catch up with the Welling's, Anderson's, Heaton's, Cox's and Whitlock's.
North Carolina isn't quite the same since Cindy Ray moved to the opposite coast. Grateful for the few hours carved out of busy schedules that allowed us to eat Cafe Río and talk and talk and talk.
This girl. She's one of the very, very best. Glad I got to hang out with Cass twice on her short trip to Provo. And the live music that played while we ate tasty shaved ice and the kids played in the fountain was ... well, life-changing. :)Our biannual Scrollie gatherings validate the adage "the more the merrier." Our numbers continue to grow and so does the fun. We enjoyed a lovely and delicious morning up Provo Canyon with fresh scones, Bridal Veil Falls and fish feeding.
Feeding the fish = Happiness bought with quarters.
Spending an afternoon and evening with Elizabeth, Sam and Carlie was everything I hoped it would be. Too bad we couldn't say the same for our beloved childhood burger joint. Oh, well. Can't win them all. Sure do love these three.
Twice I got spend time with a dearest friend that I actually am related to! Had a great time getting together with Sarah and two of the most adorable kiddos out there, Tess and Emmett. Their cuteness does not make them great out-to-lunch company; the splash pad was more up their alley.
Freshman roommate Dorianne and I figured that it really had been about a decade since we'd last seen each other. We were almost able to make it a triple roommate reunion with Kim up in Bear Lake, but time tables were just a little too tight. I'm grateful that Dori and Brent made the extra effort to come down to Provo to see me just before I left town. So fun to catch up and see their darling growing family.The stars aligned when the Boyer and Monson Bear Lake reunions were scheduled for the exact same at the same resort. My heart soared to see Kim, my college bestie, after far too many years. Loved that I could spot her kids down by the lake or walking to and from the pool. Definitely one of the most fortuitous reunions of the summer.
Clark also enjoyed some manly bonding moments with friends, though they were less-photographically documented than mine. Gary convinced him to go hiking (an impressive feat) up around the Sundance area. It was gorgeous, of course, and I think maybe helped Clark somewhat decrease his aversion to hiking.
Clark has made fun of me for the "glee" that exudes from this post, but I'm not ashamed of the cheesiness. I feel pretty blessed and grateful for the beautiful people that make my life so rich and wonderful.

















No comments:
Post a Comment