6-year-old Caroline and her Frozen II birthday cake
• Is always doing cartwheels, handstands, climbing on furniture, window sills and trees. Figured out front handsprings on the trampoline.
• Started learning the piano this spring. She loves singing and listening to music.
• Has BIG emotions and dramatic reactions. She's easily offended and has a strong "evil eye" game. Luckily being sweet and loving is also in the mix on occasion.
• Loves her Kindergarten teacher (Ms. Moshkowski) and is an ideal student in the classroom. Her teacher said she wants to clone her.
• Recently started reading the Harry Potter series with Dad and Emmett (and sometimes Mom).
• Doesn't like Mom to do her hair unless she wants it in pig tails. She's figured out how to do her own pony tail and loves to wear headbands. I have to bribe her with something really good for her to let me curl her hair.
• She has a hard time falling asleep at night. Her imagination goes wild with scary thoughts.
• Loves screen time. Any and all she can get (which isn't nearly as much as she wants).
• Asks SO MANY questions when watching new movies. Just watch (or listen) and you'll find out is usually our response. :)
• Is really good at taking care of younger kids. She'll be a top notch babysitter when she's old enough! Also, she loves to be the boss.
• Sometime whispers in our ears that she loves us, but sometimes whispers, "you are my worst enemy."
How we celebrated:
For months Caroline had been planning a Frozen II party with her friends, so she was disappointed that the pandemic/quarantine interfered with her plans but we think we pulled off a pretty fabulous birthday for her anyway.
She woke up to a decorated door with an awesome Frozen II poster made by Emmett. We had pancakes with whipped cream and sprinkles for breakfast and she got to open one present: a darling floral romper and 6 envelopes that she got to open through out the day. Each envelope had a special activity that she got to do:
1. Paint nails with mom.
2. Spend one-on-one time with Grandma Schmutz at her house.
3. Have lunch out with Dad.
4. FaceTime with favorite friends (Lydia, Daniel, Abigail--though Abigail surprised her by showing up at her door for an in person visit!)
5. Play games with Emmett. (This turned into reading Harry Potter).
6. Go out for a fun family treat. (Pelican snowballs!)
She was thrilled about all of these activities. She also got a little gift from Ms. Alyssa left on our doorstep ,and Sister Adamson brought her some flowers! Caroline felt so special.Caroline was adamant about having a two-layered Frozen II cake. I had to design my own, since the internet gave me nothing I wanted to replicate. It was a multi-day project with baking the cake, baking and icing the cookies (Caroline helped put on the sugar crystals), making the rice krispy top layer and the icing/decorating it all; but in the end, I think it fulfilled all her dreams. :)
Caroline requested pasta alfredo for dinner, then we started the official celebrations. Caroline was not impressed as we all serenaded her with "Sweet Caroline." She covered her face with her hands the entire time. However, she cheered up when it came to blowing out the candles and opening presents. She received lots of gifts that made her smile from ear to ear: her own umbrella (two of them, actually!); a unicorn coin bank; a go-to-bed kit with new unicorn pjs, a weighted blanket and a new cd mix; new skorts and t-shirts; and Ana & Elsa dolls! We wrapped up the evening watching Frozen II.
Hanging with Grandma
Birthday pancakes!
Being serenaded is soooo irritating. "Why do we have to do this every birthday?!"
Video-chatting with Lydia
Caroline's birthday interview:
Mom: How old are you today?
Caroline: Six!
M: What is your favorite color?
C: Anything!
M: What are some things you like to do?
C: I like playing, I love roller blading, I like gymnastics, I like helping my mom make stuff like cookies or cakes.
M: What is your thing to watch?
C: Disney+
M: What is your favorite thing about school?
C: I love recess. I love snack time and lunch time. There's a special type of math that I like. It's measuring stuff like school supplies and bugs.
M: What do you want to be when you grow up?
C: I would like to be, well, I don't know if I really want to be a nurse, but I think I'm going to be a nurse or work at Pelican's.
M: Do you have any boyfriends?
C: Mom, I don't want to tell them. Fine, I'll tell them. My boyfriend is Daniel!
M: Who are some of your favorite friends?
C: Abigail, Daniel, Lydia
M: Do you have a favorite book?
C: I really like the library books at Easley. They have a lot of cool books like Diary of a Fly Guy and Diary of a Worm Guy.
M: What is your favorite song to listen to in Dad's car?
C: Taylor Swift. I like Stay or Welcome to New York.
M: Do you have any other favorite things to listen to?
C: Kidsbop. Also, Radiohead and 21 Pilots.
M: Anything you're looking forward to about being six?
C: Well, my cousin Khalil said it's really fun to be six and I've never been six before and I don't know what it's going to be like.
Outing to get snowballs. It's quarantine time so we had to sit on the curb.
Opening presents. :)
Birthday poster by Emmett
School writing assignment a few days after her birthday.
Daniel Jacobs, Ms. Moshkowski & Caroline
Abigail Brown & Caroline
My strawberry-picking buddy!


No comments:
Post a Comment