Friday, August 15, 2008

Wrapping up July

So I have a lot of catching up to do. I have been out of town for a couple of weeks and have many pictures to post, but first I have a few pictures to show from the last couple of weeks in July. This first picture is Clark and me with our friends Brian and Clare. They live in our same complex and are essentially the only people that are more or less in our same stage of life. They were married not too long ago and are both doing post-docs. They are super fun people and we have loved having good friends close by! We had been taking advantage of any possible free time to hang out before Clare moved to Boston for her post-doc. Now we will have to settle for getting together every couple of weeks or so. Here we are at a little outdoor bistro that had live jazz music .Our last free weekend in July, Clark and I headed to Charlotte to see Stephanie and Chip. We had been meaning to go for months now, and we were happy to finally see Steph and her new house. We did some shopping at a big outlet mall and ate at yummy restaurants. It was fun to see their cute house that they will be leaving in just a few more weeks. Mostly I enjoyed hanging out and talking. We sure are excited for that little boy to get here!
Martin and Diana Palmer were in Durham for a couple of days visiting family. We love having friends in town and enjoyed a lovely breakfast at Elmo's Diner.
Below is one of the ESL classes I taught this summer. It was my biggest class and quite entertaining! My students don't really like to smile for pictures though...

1 comment:

diana palmer said...

i don't know why nobody commented on how good-looking martin and i are. so embarrassing to have to be the first.

nahhhhh, so good to see you guys!! you were like beaming with marital bliss!