I wanted to give a little shout-out to the recently added feature in the column to the right where my husband shares his latest music crazes. While he has previously spoken of his deep respect for Radiohead, he has also admitted to getting quite caught up in David Archuleta's Crush. This month he presents some of his recommended Christmas music, and I thought I would add my favorite songs for Christmas listening here:
--"In the Bleak Mid Winter" by Sissel (Sarah Mclachlan's version is pretty fantastic too.)
Her enchanting voice carries you to a new realm of beauty and mystery. Love the message of the song.
--"Little Drummer Boy" by the King Singers
A captivating version of the song. Soft, engaging, with lots of harmonies.
--"Mamacita, ¿Donde esta Santa Claus?" by Guster
You can't help moving to this one! It makes me miss by girls, Cass and Hil.
--"The River" by Rachael Yamagata
This version is raw, natural and very longing. Love it.
--"Song for a Winter's Evening" by Sarah Mclachlan
I really enjoy her entire Christmas album. Her melodies are pure and clear. She doesn't fancy them up runs and such. This particular song came out before her Christmas album "Wintersong" and I remember driving home from Rexburg listening to it on repeat for nearly an hour! I love her version of I'll Be Home for Christmas, too. This CD is a must listen.
My list of great and fun Christmas music could go on, but these are my cream of the crop picks. I hope you look them up and give them a listen. Are any of you passionate about songs you think I should add to my list?
12 years ago

5 comments:
Awww...donde esta Santa claus? Maybe tonight I'll turn it on and dance on my bed in honor of the house on 4th north. love it. love you.
i like the list....i also love last christmas (almost any version)...for some reason chip and i listened to it over and over the yr we were dating, and although it was kind of sad we loved it!!! happy holidays - you gooing to utah for christmas?
Hey could you email me your address-by the way-becca is being induced tomorrow and my mom is flying out today-it was kind of an emergency
You're coming in less than a week! We really can't wait to see you too! We always have so much fun spending time with you and clark! Hooray, just a few more days!
I just saw this post!!!
I've been dancing to Mamacita and thinking of you too! eeeeeeh.
I can't wait to see you.
Post a Comment