Saturday, December 20, 2008

And he's pinned!

Clark graduated from Duke's accelerated nursing program on Dec 13. Clark's whole family was able to come out (minus a sister in the MTC) and join us for the pinning ceremony and some early Christmas celebrating. Clark was the student speaker at the ceremony, and he gave a fine speech capturing everyone's attention through humor and sincerity. One of the best compliments a professor of his gave to Clark's mom was that everyone in the program thinks of Clark as the laid-back, funny guy but the truth is that he is an extremely hard worker and that she would be very confident to have Clark care for her in the hospital. Clark has had a great experience at Duke. Now he just has to pass the boards and finalize a job! It looks like he will most likely be working at Duke Hospital for at least the next year and a half or so.
Anyway, the weekend was packed with fun, food, laughter and presents! We loved having family visit North Carolina and being able to show them some of our favorites places in Durham.
I was really pleased when I finally figured out what camera setting to use so I could actually get a few decent photos of the ceremony! Isn't the new graduate handsome?
Clark and the three other guys in his program.
Post-graduation pictures by the Duke Chapel.

15 comments:

Hilary said...

Clark you rock! Congrats! We are so happy for you!

Cindy said...

That is awesome! And I'm glad that you guys aren't leaving right away!

Jade said...

So I know we haven't actually SEEN each other in YEARS, but there has to be some way we can introduce our hubbies, as they have so much in common. Ben's still three years from his pin, but it's coming ...

Lucy said...

Congrats to Clark!! Way to go! I can't wait till Derrick is done - but we have a long way to go!! Graduating is such an accomplishment - Way to go!!

Tara said...

Congrats!

Shaunee said...

Congratulations! That is a great accomplishment. I hope everything else goes well!!!

Lindsey said...

Congratulations, How exciting! We are so happy for you guys!! Best of luck with jobs!

jenna said...

congrats clark!

diana palmer said...

wow clark, this is so great! not at ALL surprised you were the speaker, wish we could have heard it. good job team schmutz.

-diana

clark, i'm so proud of you. i remember seeing you outside the lee library talking about hard classes. you got through those hard times, but now how are you going to write sad (love) songs?

-martin

Sarah, RN said...

confreakingratulations.

so proud.
fellow nurse friend :)
good for you, bet you are relieved. now onward...
good luck with boards. I would bawl if I had to do that again. Ah, the postpartum nurse blues...forgot everything I ever learned :)
love to you both. hope your holiday was lovely!
miss you

Caroline said...

Way to go Clark, that is quite an accomplishment. Congratulations

janae said...

Congrats Clark!---janae

The Reichmans said...

Congrats to Clark! That is so great. It was so fun to see you over break-even if my child was trying to rip your parents house apart. Hope the new school year is going great.

Jess Perry said...

Congrats Clark!

Amy it is such a small world. Bonnie Hagen is in my ward and one day I was looking through pictures and saw some of you.

How are you? Keep in touch. jessbperry.blogspot.com.

Melissa Grow said...

Congrats Clark! Graduating is an awesome thing. How are you guys? We are great... I'm sorry we missed the little reunion in Utah. You'll have to meet my husband sometime. Good luck with the job hunt! Feel free to take a look at our blog too! ryanandmelissagrow.blogspot.com