Tuesday, January 20, 2009

A White Christmas 2008

Well, this post is a few weeks late coming, but we had a fantastic (overall) Christmas break with friends and family in Utah. It was busy with two families and lots of gatherings with friends, and we really wouldn't have had it any other way.

Here are some of the highlights:
• Clark visiting our good friends Dave & Jess in Denver
• A trip to SLC to see the lights.
• Meeting our sweet little nephew, Baby Boyd--3 months old.
• Making a trip to the ER so Clark could get stitches (6!) in his upper lip (basketball injury)
• Christmas traditions, Mom's chocolates & snow!
• Eating at some of our favorite restaurants including Burger Supreme and Tepanyaki
• Valerie's wedding
• Cass in town
• Talking to Grayson in Australia
• Going to Body World museum

In front of the SLC temple. Clark couldn't smile very big because of the stitches he received that morning...
Beth and I at Temple Square. Beth even made the hat I am wearing!
We were thrilled that the Rammell's came over for Christmas Eve. We finished off the evening listening to a tape of my missionary brother Grayson's testimony from when he was 10 years old. He read nearly all of Luke 2 from the pulpit for testimony meeting and bore a sweet testimony of how he wanted to serve a mission. That testimony is a great family memory, and it turned out to be extremely fitting for this Christmas Eve.
My sweet little Boyd! I played the North Carolina card and got to claim all the baby time I wanted! How I miss that little guy!
Cass flew in for Val's wedding (Hil's mom) and the three of us were finally together again! It was a long overdue reunion!
One of the many friend gatherings we enjoyed over the break. Josh and Jen's kids sure kept us entertained at this one!

2 comments:

Shaunee said...

Looks like a great Christmas vacation. Can you believe all the snow.

P.S. Your mom's chocolates do rock!! I always steal them when I am at my mom's!

Steph said...

So fun! nice to be where it is a white christmas - missed that the last few years! Well, I totally love your mom's chocolates too! Yum Yum!