Saturday, May 2, 2009

Love from home


When Clark came home from Utah a couple of weeks ago, he brought with him a beautiful quilt my mom has been working on for our wedding. She has lots of projects and people on her plate, so I'm pretty amazed she could get this done in just a year and a half! It is so beautiful and detailed--just like my mom. Not only does it give me extra motivation to make my bed, but every time I see it I get to remember how amazing my mother is.

We also had the treat of driving up to Danville, VA to have dinner with my aunt and uncle (mom's side) who were in town. The hour drive took us through some pretty small towns, in which we are happy not to live, but it was totally worth it to see family!

12 comments:

Jerai Moulton said...

I love your quilt! I saw it up close before it was sent off with Clark and it's beautiful! It's such a fun thing to have! I use mine during the summer when our house is warmer and I just put mine on our bed! It's such a fun tradition that your mom started! I'm so glad that you can enjoy it now!

I was so impressed with your little garden and it totally stinks that they died during a rainstorm. Not really your fault, just bad luck! Phil and I are going to plant some veggies, but I'm worried because I've never done it before and neither has Phil. But I guess we just have to try!

And no, it's not July yet. But now that it's May, it seems a lot closer! =)

Taryn said...

That is a beautiful quilt! What a treasure!

Maurine said...

Wow, Amy your mom is amazing...I already knew that, but this reinforces it. The quilt is absolutely beautiful.

Amanda said...

You do have a beautiful mom Amy. What a beautiful quilt, so much detail. I love having the quilts and pillowcases my mom has made me. And of course our Gma quilts have always been a treasure!

The Road Less Traveled. said...

Your mom is so talented! It looks great on your bed.

Hilary said...

Remember how you're coming to see me soon? That makes me smile...

Holly Park said...

I can NOT believe your mom made that quilt! Okay, knowing that she's Jill Moulton, I can, but wow! It is beautiful!!

Gavin and Natalie said...

Your mom is amazing! That is gorgeous! I'm sorry about your plants! Don't ya hate it when you have good intentions...but something slips. haha. I'm sure you're so busy, so I'm impressed yo got that far. Your trip to Disney looks like a blast! You guys sound like you're having so much fun. Love the pics!!
Love ya!!
Nan

Anonymous said...

Why have we not connected through the blogging world until now!? I was so happy you commented on my blog! Now I can see what you have been up to! You look darling as always! Miss you!!!

Violet said...

Hi Amy!!!I just found your blog from your facebook page. I hope you don't mind that I added a link from my blog to yours so I can check in on you and your family. Feel free to check out my blog too.

Let me know if you want me to remove the link.

Caroline said...

Your mom is so talented. That quilt is beautiful. Everybody needs a Jill in their lives!!!

kate said...

got to love aunt jill.. everything she touches is beautiful! you are a lucky girl amy!

hope you guys come home this summer sometime -we'd love to see you!