Saturday, May 2, 2009

My green thumb gone bad

BEFORE:
AFTER:


Here are the sad before and after pictures of my attempt at growing plants. I was so excited about my little sprouting seedlings! I had planted a combination of flowers, herbs and a few tomatoes. Things were looking pretty good for me being a first timer. My cosmos were growing fast but were kind of weak, so I even went to the effort of staking them with toothpicks! Anyway, for the past few days I have been leaving them outside for most of the day and bringing them in at night. All was fine until we had a short downpour of rain on Friday while I was at work. I came home to find my little plants drowned in water, uprooted and basically demolished. A few of the tomato plants look like they might make it, but I'm going to have to start over with the others. Apparently I need a personal green house to get my plants sun but protect them from the rain!

3 comments:

Cindy said...

I was also caught in that downpour, and it was brutal. I was almost drowned, uprooted, and demolished right in the Kohls parking lot! So I have great sympathy for your seedlings... ;)

Hilary said...

UHOH!

Bonnie said...

Oh man... gardening is such a pain! Your plants looked like they had a good start! Better luck next time!