I got to spend my first official week of summer playing in Texas with Hilary! Despite the near unbearable heat, we got to venture out and explore the local sites. We spent a day in Austin, which included such highlights as Hey Cupcake, the state capitol building, 6th street, the dueling piano bar, and of course, the bats! Austin is home to the largest urban bat population and every evening at dusk the bats fly out from under a bridge. Lots of people gather each night to watch the million bats take off into the night.


*Note that this is my first video ever posted thanks to a lovely new macbook!*
Our jaunt to San Antonio featured the Alamo, a stroll down the river walk, and peaches and cream BlueBell ice cream.


In San Marcos and its nearby towns we enjoyed some traditional BBQ, a float down the San Marcos river and a few minutes to ponder who Luling's next Watermelon Thump Queen will be. Did I mention that San Marcos as AMAZING outlets? And despite all the fantastic things we did, saw and ate, nothing beats hanging out with best friends!



7 comments:
Ah Man I am so sad I missed you! I am glad you guys got to have so much fun, The bats look like black wind huh, and they stink. Peaches and Cream is one of my favorites!! I am so homesick right now!! can't wait to see you in a few!
I didn't know Austin was known for its bats. That's nuts how they all fly out like that. I have never been to Texas, but you make it sound fun, so maybe I should go sometime.
I wonder if any of those bats ever lived in my attic:) It looks like you had fun-is clark working at home? I am excited for you to come next week to Utah. Good luck with the monkeys-they were actually really good last year and I am a little sad I am missing out on the road trip fun this year.
Looks like lots of fun! Hopefully you're soaking it up b/c I can't promise as good of times in the "Q" (Matt's pet name). We are excited to see you, though!
How did I miss this fabulous post?! Ahhh...such good times.
wish we could have seen you!!!!
So fun! This makes me more excited to be living here now! :) We haven't ventured out too much yet because of the unpacking and the HEAT! But I am feeling a sightseeing trip coming soon. :)
Post a Comment