Two month stats:
Weight: 11 pounds 13 ounces (still average)
Length: 23.5 inches (still a bit above average)
Head: 41.5 inches (now just barely above the curve)
This growing bundle is full of smiles--especially after feedings. He loves to lie on the floor and kick his legs. He has discovered his voice and makes lots of adorable coo-ing sounds and is always surprising us with new noises. While his mouth makes lots of endearing smiles and sounds, it also produces a pretty consistent supply of drool which mostly accounts for his permanently damp clothes. Speaking of his mouth, he can practically stick his entire fist inside of it. He still likes to suck/gnaw on his fingers and often gags himself from sticking his fingers too far down his throat. He has forgotten how to sleep through the night, but his overall cuteness makes it much too difficult for his momma to get mad at him. He often sleeps with his eyes open, which is both impressive and creepy. He is thickening up, starting to get rolls on his little thighs; and his growing double chin is making it increasingly difficult for me to get his neck clean.
As his momma, I truly cannot get over how much I love this little guy. He fills my heart to the brim. I am doing my best to soak in every moment of this stage. I love how he is beginning to interact more, I love his baby stretches--the way he arches his back and the way his little fist quivers by his face. I love that I can still snuggle up with him and take naps on the couch. I love his bright, inquisitive eyes. I adore every smile and even think his cries are pretty dang cute. Thank you, Emmett, for brightening my life.
These videos aren't the best, but provide a little taste of his cute smiles and coos.
12 years ago


2 comments:
Those videos are TOO MUCH. You guys are so much better at communicating than I am. Khalil will be 1 year old in two weeks and I have posted NOT ONE video of him.
Emmett is so smart and engaged and happy and smart and happy. I can't wait to hold him and kiss him.
this is so fun amy to be doing this with you!!! we're posting their two month stats at the same time! and they're the same length! sweet cousin boys. so lucky to have each other.
you are such a good mom, i can tell by the way you enjoy those little tiny things. like fists being able to fit in mouths! we moms love just about everything our kids can do :) xoxo
Post a Comment