Mid month, we headed down to Charlotte for an evening for a Rachael Yamagata concert. She is one of my faves, and I hadn't seen her in concert for years. Since the concert was down in Charlotte, Emmett got to hang out with Uncle Vaughn and Aunt Margaret. It was the first time that I had left Emmett with a babysitter so Clark and I could go do something fun together, and we had such a great time. The music was fantastic and the venue was just how I like it--small, close to the artist, with places to sit. We had to go down and back in one night because of my work schedule, but the great night out with my hubby was worth it!
After finishing up the Christmas shopping and giving midterms, Emmett and I hopped on a plane to spend a week in Utah. I was a bit anxious about traveling alone with a babe in tow, but Emmett was a super traveler, and we made the long trip in one piece. The next day Emmett hung out with the Schmutz clan while some of my siblings and I headed to Salt Lake for dinner at Crown Burger and the Mormon Tabernacle Christmas Concert. It was a fantastic night, and I think Emmett had a pretty good time too!
Emmett finally got to meet Uncle Kent and Great Grandma Swensen who just turned 90!
Saturday morning I got to see Cassie!!! I was so happy to have some quality time with her. To make the day even better, we headed out to Eagle Mountain to see our dear Scrollie clan. We'd learned from our mistake last year of meeting at a restaurant, which was not conducive to conversation, nor was it kid-friendly and met instead in Josh and Jen's club house. We're quickly multiplying our numbers, so it was nice to have the extra space!Four babies were born within six months of each other this year. Aren't they a cute bunch? We are definitely entering a new stage after ten years of friendship!
My buddy, Alli. Blessed (or cursed?) to be our go-to babysitter.
Most of the kiddos.
It was fortunate timing that so many of us could gather at once--even from opposite ends of the country (NC, WA, AK). We did miss Hil and Ashlee, though.
So much of this trip was really about showing off Emmett to family and friends. He got to meet his cousin Boyd, many of his aunts and uncles, and other family and friends for the first time. Of course, everyone was pretty thrilled about him.
Uncle Grayson and Aunt Emilie
Uncle Stephen and Aunt Rachel
Great Grandma and Grandpa Monson
We had a fun dessert night with the Rammell crew. Little Jude was born just two weeks after Emmett, and it was fun to see how different their personalities are already. Jude is such a cute, relaxed baby, while Emmett is equally cute but so active and moving all the time.
My cousin Kellen and his cute family also stopped by for a visit. Boyd being a pirate.
The first part of the trip was pretty busy with lots of people to see, but the second half had more downtime to spend at home. Jerai and Boyd came down early to hang out, and I had SO much fun with them. Boyd is just the most entertaining, adorable little boy. Somehow Jerai and I don't have a single picture together, which is ridiculous considering how much time we spent together! Here Boyd and Grandpa are playing. Boyd is having a super time "screaming like a girl." Oh, it was entertaining! I can't wait until Emmett can play with Grandpa like that.
We had a beautiful and delicious girls brunch with my mom, sisters and dear friend, Elizabeth. The baked eggs, hot chocolate and company were all divine.I'm never in town when Beth has her ballet performances, but her class did have a "showing" while I was in town. I loved watching my sister dance so beautifully. She is growing up so!
Phil finally came down the day before we had to leave. Meeting in person is so much better than over video chat!
There never seems to be quite enough time for everyone and everything when we are in Provo, but we certainly maximized our time there. I was grateful to have a taste of Christmas with my family and to let Emmett get loved on by all of them.









2 comments:
Emmett is such a cutie. I bet your family had so much fun with you there. I am sad we missed each other. I would have loved to meet him. I didn't know you were working again. You must be one busy momma.
Looks like you didn't let a minute go to waste!! And what are baked eggs??
Post a Comment