Sunday, January 15, 2012

Wrapping up November


 November in North Carolina brought beautiful (non) Thanksgiving weather which made for a great outing to the State Farmers Market with my good friend, Cindy.  We enjoyed apple sampling (and purchasing), pumpkin cheesecake squares, squash of all shapes and sizes (I came home with spaghetti squash) and very large collard greens (which I opted not to buy). 
 Thanks to Groupon, Cindy, her girls, and I got to enjoy a night at the ballet.  Clark refused to go, so he and Emmett got some bonding time at home.  The ballet performed Cinderella for the first half and
a ballet set to Igor Stravinsky’s Cinderella was fun, and I really enjoyed the live piano score; however, the second half was my favorite.  It was so beautiful and graceful, almost ethereal.   
 We celebrated Thanksgiving with the Hales and the Broughs.  Dinner was non-traditional (except for the pies), but still delicious.  This year I made my must-have sour cream lemon pie and also tried a mexican chocolate cream and an apple cream pie.  Mmm-mmm. 
Since we didn't get our turkey and stuffing fix, we decided to order some Thanksgiving dinner to-go from Cracker Barrel in hopes that it would be as cheap and tasty as it was four years ago on our honeymoon ($25 included all the fixings, pie, drink and generous tip).  Unfortunately, it did not live up to our expectations.  Oh, well.  Next year we'll be sure to buy a turkey regardless of our dinner plans!
 Clark had to work Thanksgiving night, but Emmett and I got to stop by and visit our friends Ben and Jen (who graciously fed me some turkey :). 
Emmett wore the cutest little Thanksgiving outfit.  Who can resist a turkey on such a cute bum!  He certainly made #1 on my thankful list this year!

1 comment:

Jerai Moulton said...

Way to go on making THREE pies! I am super impressed and would have loved to gobble them all up! And I"m so happy you posted Emmett's turkey bum--super cute!!