Unofficial 5-month stats:
16.6 pounds
25 inches
(the yardstick I used was clearly not accurate, since he was longer than that at his 4-month dr visit)
What he's up to:
• He is becoming more and more vocal with lots of squeals and giggles and other noises.
• He's discovered his hands and fingers and watches them ponderously.
• He can grab toys and play with them (if play means shake and stick in mouth).
• He rolls over from back to tummy.
• He loves mirrors.
• He cut his first tooth!
• Since his tooth appeared, he's been sticking out his tongue all the time--a new sensory thing to feel a first tooth, I'm guessing...
• His hair is filling in and he can even get "bed head" a.k.a. "duck fuzz" when he wakes up from naps.
• He's more of a nuzzler than a snuggler, but it's still very sweet.
• He's a drooler and a spitter. He seriously spits up so much. I can only wear pajama pants when I am home with him. He's like a time bomb for anyone holding him (or standing near him)!
• He's got quite the grip--which can be painful if he grabs your arm or the back of your neck.
• He's been practicing his "raspberries."
• He's been eating his first solid foods, which he generally likes. So far he eats rice cereal, sweet potatoes, avocado, peas and bananas.
• He has great core strength. He holds himself up very well and sits up with assistance.
• He had a rough stretch at the end of Dec/beginning of January, but lately he's been a much better sleeper and generally gives me from 9:00 p.m to 6:30 a.m.
• I swear his eyes and smiles get bigger every day.
• His arms and legs are constantly moving; his jumper is his best friend.
• He officially sleeps in his crib rather than his cradle.
• He has the best stretches in the morning when we take him out of his straight-jacket--I mean velcro swaddling blanket. :)
• He is quite the distraction in church as he makes eyes at the people in the rows behind us.
• He loves being naked--or at least stripped down to his diaper.
• He is getting much better at tummy time.
Lounging with daddy
There's the tongue!
He's still just a wee thing in his high chair.
He can find a way to put just about anything in his mouth.
He tolerates "playing" with friends.
There's his daddy's grin!
We really do love this little guy more and more each day. He is at such a fun, interactive age. He is happy and active and can win the heart of anyone who sees that big grin of his.
Here's a little video of his giggle/squeals and energizer bunny-like jumping.









3 comments:
He is so stinking cute Amy! Love the little tongue picture and the one of him chomping on this activity gym. He's definitely getting to such a fun age. : )
I would say he tolerates "being played with" by friends! And I don't have to go anywhere before our meeting on Sunday, so I will be awake enough to hold/get spit up on by Emmett!
What!?! He's eating solids and he's almost 6 months old! When did that happen! This post made me super excited to see you guys in a few weeks. I can't wait to play with Emmett all day long!!
Post a Comment