Monday, May 28, 2012

Sweet things of Spring

 This is a picture we took at our April book club.  It was nearly 11:30 p.m., which ended up being early on this particular night.  I forced myself out the door around 2 a.m., leaving a handful of others still chatting.  While our book club nights often go rather late, this one was exceptional.  The fact that it was Cindy's last one made us never want the night to end.  All of these ladies are wonderful and sweet.  I'll miss Cindy--my book, baby, ballet and farmer's market friend. 
 Strawberry farms are popular places in the spring.  Another sweet friend of mine, Becky, went strawberry picking with me.  It doesn't take much of a drive north to leave behind the city completely and find yourself surrounded by country farmland. 
Our buckets of berries turned into fresh strawberry pie and lots of tasty freezer jam.  Mmmmmm.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Whoa! Your book club is wild! I love it!
Those strawberries look amazing ;)