My beautiful cousin Sarah and I grew up just a mile away from each other, went to the same high school, crushed on the same boy, took classes together, lived in the same apartment complex at Ricks and even served as R.S. presidents in our college ward at the same time! I honestly can't remember a time in my life where Sarah hasn't been a dear part of it. Married life has taken us to different sides of the country and when we've been able to make our paths cross it's usually in the Pheonix airport and amidst craziness of kiddos or holidays or what not. Needless to say, it was a major treat to get her all to myself for 3 whole days. We packed our days with tasty treats, beautiful sites and a few different essential oil classes. Loved every minute of having her here.
We had a weekend with beautiful weather. Duke Gardens is especially gorgeous in the spring.
Enormous tulip blooms.
Window shopping at Brightleaf, Morgan Imports and Parker & Otis. Although not pictured, we also made sure she experienced NC barbeque, shakes from the Ox & the Rabbit and tasty Mexican from El Corral. We really did hit almost all of our favorite places.
One of my favorite eats...Saturday brunch at Scratch didn't disappoint.
Agua frescas from La Superior
The Tobacco District
Back in 1993, Sarah and I took our little teenager selves to see Jurassic Park in the theater. We clung tight to each other the whole time, screamed occasionally and I recall even getting kneed in the head at one particular jumpy scene. I honor of our past, it felt appropriate to use our expiring groupon movie tickets to go see Jurassic Park in 3-D. It was a pretty great blast from the past and a fun way to wrap up the weekend. 














2 comments:
I saw that dark chocolate crostada...yum, yum!
After you posted on facebook (or wherever?) about seeing Jurassic Park in 3D I thought it sounded like an excellent idea, so we took our kids too. It was such fun!
*sniff*
I hate that I'm leaving this city. Love that you and your cousin are so close, though - what a fun weekend!
Post a Comment