Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Caroline-7 months

She is technically still 7 months for almost another week...
Here is what this little girl is up to:
• Grabs at everything--and quickly!
• Has discovered her toes/feet and is figuring out how to clap.  I love both of these activities so much.
• Loves to (and is getting better at) feeding herself.  I rarely try to spoon feed her anything but the occasional soup or yogurt.  She munches quite well on cooked carrots and apples, broccoli, pears, strips of meat, etc.  She is a happy, messy thing when she eats.  And by eat, I mean put things in her mouth for a while and then spit most of it out.  More is definitely left on her tray in some form than in her stomach, but she is learning!
• Sits in the tub (closely supervised).  Baths are usually required after meal time and she is steady enough that she can sit and share a tub with Emmett.
• Is a very distractible nurser.  Unless she is really tired, she is on and off frequently. This tendency is somewhat maddening.
• Throws her head back unpredictably when being held.
• Has dealt with her first bouts of sickness.  First a few days of fevers, then a cold/cough/croup spell.  This has disrupted her once lovely sleep habits, which I'm hoping return soon.
• Chatters away with lots of da-da and ta-ta sounds.
• Is adept and picking up and putting her binky in her mouth.
• Sleeps unswaddled probably 70% of the time.
• Rarely spits up, for which I am still so grateful.  :)
• Is playful and interactive.
• Is starting to get frustrated with her relative immobility.  I'm getting glimpses of the busy times ahead when this girl figures out how to crawl.
 Sick baby = late nights
 Bath time just got a lot more fun!
 Signs of hair!
 A big reason for nightly baths...
 Not crawling, but still able to get places!
Sweetest siblings.
Baby's first claps.


2 comments:

Cindy said...

She is so cute!!

Hilary said...

She seriously could not be any cuter!