A few nights ago during a night feeding, I remember looking down at this long creature sprawled across my lap and thinking to myself, "Who is this huge baby??" "How on earth did she get so big?" I still feel like Caroline should be tiny, but she seems set on growing in every direction.
After spending the month of December rocking on her hands and knees and even pushing up to her hands and toes, she decided to be a crawler just a few days after turning 8 months (Jan 11, to be exact). It was such a fun moment for all of us. She was so determined and proud, and baby's first crawls are just so darling.
Caroline is eager to know what is going on all around her, all the time. She loves to play with her brother, puts EVERYTHING in her mouth, picks up surprisingly small things, claps with fervor, and makes all sorts of sounds as she chatters (though she only makes ma-ma sounds when she's mad). Her eyebrows get red when she's tired or angry, and she loves meal time and bath time. She's still toothless, but that doesn't stop her from eating all kinds of food. Her latest faves include avocado, scrambled eggs, hummus, pears and sweet potato.
This girl gets lots of attention anywhere we go. She gets doted on by Grandma Schmutz, who tends her a couple of times each week; but she also draws plenty of compliments from complete strangers whenever she's out and about with us. My favorite was from a young teenage boy who passed her and exclaimed, "That is the most beautiful baby!" It caught me off guard only because those kind of comments usually come from sweet older ladies.
Of course, we just think she is the best, most beautiful little girl ever. She's really quite content most of the time; and when she's not, well, she lets us know.
I do not like studio photography. But I felt like I should get some more "official" pictures of this girl before she started crawling, so I paid $20 for a groupon to JCPenny and got these three images. They make me pine for my amazing photographer friends, but she's still a cute thing despite the not-so-impressive photography and the only so-so mood she was in.
I love that profile so much.
Tub time buddies.
Filling out nicely.
New toys from Christmas.
Playing is always more fun that nursing. And she still loves to arch her head back. :)












3 comments:
Ahh!!! Good Work Caroline!!
What a cutie! She is growing up so fast. I always wish I could freeze time with my babies. You are such a beautiful Momma, Amy!
She is ADORABLE!!!
Post a Comment