
I am a craigslist shopper. I do it for the deals, but now and then I get a little more than I bargained for. Like last week when the guy I bought potting soil from (that I never actually met face to face) sent me a text telling me I had a "hot voice" and since we both probably liked plants would I like to go out sometime. Definitely more than bargained for, and for only a few dollars.
So, this evening after work, I headed out to the Wake/Granville border to pick up a flower box. It was definitely out of the way, but the drive was really relaxing and pretty and the flower box was only $3. Not too bad, eh? So the week was wrapping up just fine until I managed to lock my keys in the trunk as I was putting the flower box away! So there I am kind of in the middle of no where, locked out of my car and without any cell phone reception. Sigh.
Luckily, the lady I was buying from was extremely nice. She let me use her phone and hang out in her house until my sweet husband came to rescue me (the police wouldn't come unless there was a child locked in the car). I had to hang out for about 30 minutes, which I'm sure was much less awkward than it could have been had the lady not been so kind and normal. Still, not something you want to have to do.
Oh well, I guess it's still not as bad as the time I inadvertently and locked my keys in the car...in the ignition...while the car was running....for 10 hours.
Here's to no more lockouts!

6 comments:
I could use one of those! I once locked my keys and my kids in the car and Paige was too little to get out of her seatbelt. Thank heavens it was a cool fall day and Cam wasn't too far away. Ahhh... space headed moments!
You'd think the car would run out of gas after idling for 10 hours straight. No? Yes?
Cindy Lynn locked the keys in the running car at a homeschool prom--an hour away from home late one cold night. Fortunately for her she has an awesome dad, because I didn't handle it too well!!
PS--I can't believe you didn't take the guy up on his offer... ;)
Glad to hear that the police will come rescue my kids if their mother accidently locks the keys inside. To bad they wouldn't come rescue you though.
I loved all the Disney pics from the last post - it made me want to go. What a fun spring break for you guys.
No Fun! but at least it was only for 30 minutes. Ah how much I miss Amy car-related problems, like jump starting your car in a Rexburg parking lot because you left your lights on (more than once ;)
I love that you locked yourself out and wasn't the other story something that happened during the Olympics? I am jealous that you went to Disneyworld-we just took Ryan to Disneyland over the weekend and I can finally say I agree with the reichman family that Disneyworld is SO much better-we still had fun it just wasn't the same. Their family loves disneyworld-I have already been their twice with them on family vacations and they used to go every year. I looks like you guys had tons of fun. i hope you are adjusting to teaching again after spring break. Miss you
Post a Comment