Sunday, September 6, 2009

Toe Woes

It's been over a month that I got this lovely pedicure from hiking Mt. Timp, and as of last night I am officially down two toe nails. Not sure how many others will follow. My poor toes.

[Editor's note: A day later the toe nail count is up to 5. The fate of one more potential follower is still undetermined.]

[2nd editor's note: Six. Final count.]

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Amy, wow...they look so sore!

Angie said...

Ouch, ouch, OUCH you poor thing! You are one touch mama!

Cindy said...

Oh my gosh! I had no idea! And here I've been so envious of your great hike. Maybe 22 miles is beyond the ability of me & my toes! (Maybe Eric Aldrich has the right idea??)

Steph said...

those look just like my hubby's toes!!! only he has them like that year round - he says it is from stopping so fast playing basketball!!! you deserve a pretty pedicure now!!!

Amy and Clark said...

Cindy, I think the hike is just fine as long as there is plenty of room in your shoes. I never realized that there wasn't much extra space in my tennis shoes until this hike.
And actually, my toes are no longer in any pain--even the nail-less ones--but they sure have a dramatic look.

J.B. said...

Good gravy! I no longer feel such a need to do a similar feat. My feet just couldn't take it.

Shaunee said...

Yuck! I have toe nails fall off after half marathons but nothing like that.

Holly Park said...

Gross! You are so hard-core and you've got your battle wounds to show it.

Katie said...

Did you know that some endurance runners have their toenails surgically removed?! I guess that's why:)....