Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Well ain't that sweet!


I bought a 1/2 bushel of local grown sweet potatoes the other day from a lady at Curves. Turns out 1/2 a bushel is a lot of sweet potatoes--especially for two people! We've had sweet potato fries two of the last three days, but I desperately need to expand my tasty sweet potato recipe collection. Won't you be sweet and send your ideas my way?

8 comments:

jenna said...

baby food :)

Taryn said...

I was thinking the same thing as Jenna :) the twins are now just going to start baby food, and I usually start all my babies on sweet potatoes first!

Lindsey said...

Pizzaria 712 had an awesome sweet potato salad with sweet potato bacon spinach cranberries and some kind of sweet dressing, maybe a balsamic sort,and it was warm, oh so delicious, you could play with that. I will keep my eyes open. Sweeto potato pie is delicious, like pumpkin.

Maurine said...

You could try mashed sweet potatoes, I bet they would taste similar to regular mashed potatoes just sweeter. Somewhere I have a sinful sweet potato souffle recipe that we make for thanksgiving. It is more like dessert though. If you want it, let me know and I will dig it up.

Bonnie said...

We just bake them and eat them with butter like a regular Idaho potato - or mashed is delicious. Not very creative, sorry!

jenna said...

i just re read this post and my mouth is watering about the pizzeria salad. please tell me you have recreated it and want to share the love?

Kathleen said...

Three words: Sweet potato pancakes :)

Wilm2RS said...

Amen to Kathleen's comment. Sweet Potato Pancakes from Food Network http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/40-a-day/sweet-potato-pancakes-recipe/index.html

We also LOVE Sweet Potatoe Pie...so much better than pumpkin! http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-sweet-potato-pie-recipe/index.html

Enjoy!
Brookelynn and Brynlee SURE MISS YOU IN PRIMARY! We sing to a CD in our primary of 10 kids! : )