Have you looked at the calendar lately? It is August 11. That is one whole week beyond my due date.
And so here we are at the glorious 41 week mark...
I am trying to be patient. I understand that "due dates" are estimates that doctors make, not our bodies; and that babies usually come when they are ready regardless of what one does to coax them here. I was pretty chipper about it all last weekend. This week has dragged on a bit more.
A mani/pedi was my due date treat to myself; and luckily, friends and food have made it easier to get through the long days that have followed.
We got together with Laura, Chase, Rachel and Reagan for swimming, a cookout and a sampling of 8 delicious Cook Out shakes. Margaret and Vaughn, Charlotte's newest residents, came up to Durham to spend Saturday and Sunday with us. We are so excited to have family just two hours away! I've also gotten to spend time with Jenny and swim with Cindy.
In all honestly, I've mostly passed the time eating Durham's most delicious food. Jenny and I checked out Scratch, a most delightful bakery in downtown Durham. They specialize in pies, and deciding what to order is oh-so-difficult. They also make these doughnut muffins that are AMAZING. Chocolate and buttermilk. Mmmmm.
Clark and I finally made it to Wimpy's, a ghetto-looking little burger place that is only open until 2 p.m. We've been meaning to check it out for a while, and we are so glad we did! Wow. The garbage burger (a single is plenty big) even showed up in my dream during my afternoon nap; that is how good it is.
Throw in some Local Yogurt and a vanilla lavender shake from The Ox & The Rabbit and you've got a mostly content pregnant lady.
Maybe all this good food I've been eating is actually my downfall. Baby Schmutz just might be enjoying all my indulging a little too much! I don't know if I have the will power to eat non-amazing food the last couple of days of pregnancy...
If I can't get this baby to come on his own by Saturday evening, we are scheduled to go in that night for "prepping" and start induction Sunday morning. It's not the way I would prefer it all to happen, but if I don't have a say, for 48 more hours I'm going to try to appreciate the fact that my hair is (relatively) long and (relatively) thick, my house is quiet and clean, my schedule is my own, and that I only have to wake up once at night.
Come Sunday things might look a little different...
12 years ago

8 comments:
Oops--just noticed I was signed in as Jason because I updated his MTC contact info on his blog a little while ago. so don't approve that comment, as it would seem a little creepy. But it's ok for me to say that you look terrific for 41 weeks!
I would just think of what danielle once told me, when the baby is in your belly it's much easier to take care of, get lots of sleep and keep eating!! Good luck this weekend, can't wait to hear or read all about it and find out whet you decide to name the little dude!!
I like your closing statements. You have handled being a week overdue quite well and in the summer! Hope all goes well with labor, delivery, and recovery (my least favorite of the three.) Can't wait to see this cute bug's little face.
We'll be thinking laborious thoughts your way! And dreaming of those amazing Ox and Rabbit shakes:).
At least you are putting your palate to good use! I've been wanting to check out wimpy's for a while . . . one of these days! At least you have a scheduled date, that's kind of nice. See you tonight? :)
You still look so tiny. It is easier to take care of him inside you, but I am sure it doesn't make the wait to see and snuggle him any easier. Hang in there! Can't wait to see pictures of him.
Beautiful! So glad that we were able to be with you and Clark so close to the arrival of baby S! Xoxo
I have to say that at 41 weeks you still look amazing!! Congrats on being one of those pregnant people who look great all the time!! Can't wait to see more pics of Baby Boy and hear the story!! We're so happy for you! Let us know when you're up to getting on iChat because we can't wait!!
Post a Comment