Sunday, September 4, 2011

Capturing newborn Emmett

My good friend who recently moved from Chapel Hill to Ohio who also is a professional children's photographer made arrangements to come take photographs of Emmett in mid-September; however, in those first few days of Emmett's life, I started panicking about how quickly he was already growing and changing.  I needed something to freeze those newest newborn days.  My friend Lindsay came to the rescue.  She blocked out an afternoon and captured some beautiful shots of my little man.  She's adamant that she isn't professional, but you would never know by looking at these!  My family and I send accolades her way for giving us this wonderful gift!  Here is Emmett at just 4 days old.
 This one is Clark's favorite.  He loves the smile and the back wrinkles.
 I did not show up to this expecting to be in any pictures, but I'm so glad she caught a few of these sweet mother/son moments.  Nothing sweeter than a little boy sticking his tongue out at his momma!  :)
 How sweet is that swirl on the back of his head?!
 These last three were taken a few days later on Emmett's Day 9.
Love this little man!
I really do give the biggest props to Lindsay.  Photographing newborns is hard work!  They don't position themselves how we want them to, and they poop and pee on almost all the blankets!  Thank you so much, Lindsay!

16 comments:

Cindy said...

Ok, those are BEAUTIFUL. And I would give anything (ok, not anything, but a lot of things) to have had pictures like that of any of my kids...good thing I have so many post-newborn pics!

Kayleen Moulton said...

He is such a beautiful little boy!

Tara said...

I agree with Clark! The smiling/back wrinkle picture is my fave. She captured so many of those sweet little newborn moments.

Maurine said...

So darn cute. I love the yawning one.

emily said...

but he's so cute! and you look gorgeous of course. congratulations again.

Marie said...

Yep, the wrinkles are adorable! He is so sweet and cute!

jenna said...

I love emmett!!!!! Oh my these images are just perfect. I can't wait to get these two august babies together! You look beautiful and so happy.

Katie said...

Precious- all of them. Eric (Jr.) was excited to see them! Congrats!!!!

Kira Cook said...

What a perfect little babe. So much personality. Can't wait to meet him.

The Reichmans said...

They really are darling ames! He is such a cute boy!

Beccarigg said...

Oh my word Amy he is SOOO precious! I mean, all babies are cute but he just melts my heart. Seriously can't stop staring at these pics. I love the 2nd one with his smirky tongue and the third one with that serious look just makes me happy. Also love the Clark's favorite. How did you get a newborn to smile?! Love him ; )

Marilee said...

Oh, he is so beautiful! I am so excited for the two of you; Emmett doesn't know it yet but he is one lucky little guy to have you for parents. Hope you guys are getting at least some sleep. Love you!

Corinne said...

Congratulations Amy! He is adorable! There is nothing better than seeing a mom snuggle her newborn...those pictures are beautiful!

Laura said...

I agree with Clark...smiles and wrinkles!

Anonymous said...

What a handsome son you guys have! Congratulations!

Lindsay said...

We had fun, didn't we!? I seriously can't wait to see him get bigger - he's going to be a heartbreaker!