Our annual Sun Valley trip with the Moulton clan is always something we anticipate with excitement. This year's trip was more great fun and family time, though we did miss Nathan (currently in California on a mission and Grayson (who was performing in play).
Getting there is definitely not the fun part of the trip. We had an extra long flight to Utah and this little rascal was soo tired and did not sleep. He was still pretty well-behaved overall, but it was exhausting. Not sure if we can blame the flight or the time change or the sleeping-in-the-same-room on the poor sleeping that ensued once we made it to Sun Valley, but it drove us to buy some melatonin which helped things out quite a bit.
Even without fresh snow, it's always a beautiful view on top of Baldy. I love skiing with my dad, brothers and sister. My dare-devil brothers challenge me to keep on pace with them and even convinced me to go on some (quite small, but sufficiently thrilling) jumps in the ski park.
Ski buddies.
Emmett wasn't quite ready for the ski hill (maybe next year?), but he got to do fun things like feed the ducks and swans. The swan was a little close for my comfort, but those fowl are quite intent on getting their bread.
This cute, smiling kid didn't have any emotion when out in the snow. He didn't seem to dislike it, but his face was completely expressionless.
The bowling team.
Emmett first time bowling.
Dancing with Pop-Pop to the juke box.
Clark was our bowling champion and recipient of the Sun Valley Pin. Well done, Schmutz! Clark's comments in red: I even bowled a turkey, although I passed on the opportunity to do a turkey dance.
Color-coordinated. I look like I'm 65 years old in this picture.
Meeting baby Claire was one of the best parts of Sun Valley this year. Such a beautiful little 6-week-old!
More cuteness from Emmett.
The Puzzlers. I didn't contribute a single piece this year.
Crafting time! We spent Sunday afternoon working on dixie cup lanterns. We love spending time with our cute nephews/cousins. They do not come cuter than this!
Emmett was super thrilled to play with cousins. Boyd was the perfect older cousin to play chase and wrestle with.
Sunday afternoon we headed out for an afternoon (more like 45 minutes) of sledding. Love seeing everyone bundled up.
(emotionless) Emmett & Pop-Pop
Grandma & Emmett (again, completely indifferent)
Steve & Quin are the brave ones that hiked up the big mountain. Emmett braved a few runs on his own. He didn't ever cry, so we're going to go ahead and say he had a great time.
Our tribute to Nate!
Sunday night Mom had put together a little Valentines/Let's Make a Deal game with ever-evolving rules. It was very fun and funny. It was hilarious. It really just turned into a white elephant gift game where you could steal other people's gifts.
Phil and Jerai unknowingly stole the dreaded bear puzzle from last year from me and Clark. One of the funniest moments of the night! Amy and I ended up with a wrapped gift, which was a difficult puzzle that we did last trip, but we didn't open it and let other people know what we had. This infuriated Phil, who hated being at a competitive disadvantage. Well, curiosity got the better of him and he HAD to steal our gift in order to find out what it was. Amy and I are great strategists.
Somehow the night turned into a wall-sit contest. Funny how only the Moulton siblings participated ... Happy to say I came out winner on that one!So grateful for this wonderful family tradition.






















3 comments:
You look like you have such a fun family! Glad you had another wonderful vacation.
Ohh this looks like so much fun! I love the Valentine's Day- Make A Deal - White Elephant game!!
I think it's hilarious that the always expressive Emmett was expressionless out in the snow! One of those times when your kid needs a readout on his forehead, right??
Post a Comment