We stayed in a great little house in West Asheville we found on airbnb. It was so much better than a hotel would have been. We ate at my favorite restaurants (Salsas, Tupelo Honey, French Broad Chocolate Lounge) and even had time to try out some delicious new ones (12 Bones, White Duck Taco Shop, West End Bakery, Creperie Bouchon). The biggest disappointment was that Sunny Point was closed for renovations. I'm still dealing with my unfulfilled craving for huevos rancheros...
We explored the River Arts District, downtown Asheville and the Blue Ridge Parkway. The weather was fabulous with lovely views of the Smoky Mountains. We also got to enjoy a church service there. I can't believe that in all the times I've been to Asheville, I've never been there on a Sunday. And, of course, during (except for church), before and after all of these great activities we talked and talked and talked. I'm so blessed to have these wonderful people in my life. I loved every minute of our weekend getaway.
Little things to remember: the big spider and web under the balcony where we parked • that couple outside of Tupelo Honey (major PDA going on) • drizzly beer & film festival • drum circle • antique shop with the stickler old man and the nice old lady • funny counselor conducting sacrament meeting • "sneaking" in the Grove Park Inn • late night youtube • so much milk • kind and helpful host, McLean •















1 comment:
What a dreamy weekend. So blessed to have you two in my life!
Post a Comment