Sunday, March 15, 2009

Go Duke Go!

Remember how many months ago Clark camped out for 3 days to get tickets to some of the Duke basketball games? Well, Clark has been able to get to a few games, but I finally managed to go with him to the last home game before the ACC tournament. I thoroughly enjoyed myself and this new Duke experience. Cameron Indoor Stadium is quite small but chuck full of intensity and school spirit. The students there have a lot of cheers and gestures that I quickly tried to learn, and Clark tried his best to teach me about our team's players. We had fun sporting our Duke apparel, watching Coach K, and cheering on the Blue Devils to a victory against Florida State.
You can see that we had a pretty fantastic view.
Nothing like a crowd-surfing mascot.
And this guy? He wins for having the best shirt in the stadium.

6 comments:

Holly Park said...

So fun! R, K & boys went to the ACC tournament to cheer for Duke, as well. I'm assuming it's the way we feel about USC football:). Go blue devils! Hope you're doing well. I know you've tried to call and we do need to catch up!!

Shaunee said...

So fun! That looks like a great game!

Anonymous said...

Sounds fun! Crazy crowds, surfing mascots, and and one ugly shirt!

Chad and Margaret Olson said...

For some reason I have always been a big Duke fan. I actually am a north carolina fan in general. I think it's because it was my state in the states fair in 5th grade. Did you know the state flower is the dogwood? Anyway, I love march madness, it is probably my favorite sporting event! Go Duke!

Beck n' Ben said...

y'all are just a couple of cameron crazies!

Taryn said...

You guys are lookin' hot in your Duke apparal!