Friday, March 20, 2009

How Many Chicken Nuggets Do You Think You Could Eat?

So I was hanging out on Duke campus this past week when I saw a promotion for one of my favorite fast food restaurants, Chick-Fil-A. I don't know how common this is, but here in Durham, our Chick-Fil-A will sometimes host an all you can eat chicken nuggets night for only $8. Eight dollars might seem like a lot, but let me tell you what we got for only a couple extra dollars over a regular chicken nugget meal. First of all, we got to eat unlimited chicken nuggets. Second, we got a drink and a large waffle fries. We also got raffle tickets for an hourly drawing and we got to spin a prize wheel and we each won a free combo meal. And we got to take some pictures with and be visited by some Chick-Fil-A mascots.

However much they are paying this guy, it isn't enough.

I'll be honest: I was as excited about an all you can eat nugget party as I have been in awhile, but I was really nervous that Amy wouldn't share my excitement. And when I told her about it she said, "lets do it." It was confirmed to me then, that this was the woman I was supposed to marry. I consider her love of Chick-Fil-A to be one of her greatest qualities now. Here is my super hot wife enjoying some chicken nuggets.

She actually ate more nuggets than I did.

Do you see that bracelet on my right wrist? That bracelet means that I can get as many chicken nuggets as I want. It was like a magical bracelet of power. But sadly, I had to return it before I left the building.

I always knew that Chick-Fil-A had some religious background. It was started in Atlanta in the heart of Baptist country and they aren't open on Sundays. But I had never noticed this sign in any of there restuarants until tonight. In case you can't see through the blurry, it says "Our Corporate Purpose: To glorify God by being a faithful steward of all that is entrusted to us. To have a positive influence on all who come in contact with Chick-Fil-A." Sounds like that should be part of the standard works. Just one more reason to like Chick-Fil-A. And now for a sort of gross picture.

In all we ate some fries, and like 35 chicken nuggets. Not even close to the one guy who was bragging in the restaurant about eating 50 by himself. Bless his heart. No, seriously, bless his heart, because it just took a beating tonight. That guy took about 3 years off his life. But let's all be honest with ourselves. The cows are absolutely right. We all need to Eat Mor Chikin.

A note from Amy: I just wanted to add that we received top notch service at the Chick-fil-a. The workers were happy and extremely helpful. A very pleasant experience. Also, I have to give a little shout out to my dear friend, Anne, who is my earliest memory of Chick-fil-a. Chick-fil-a will forever remind me of her and how we often frequented Chick-fil-a on our preteen outings to the mall. Waffle fries, chicken nuggets, and mini ice cream cones. Mmmm.

12 comments:

Beck n' Ben said...

mmmmmmm... Chick-fil-a! beck says she could eat 12. wimp. i'd guess i could eat about 25, assuming i had enough time.

Lindsey said...

Sounds like the most delicious night, I can pound those little nuggets, especially with the super acidic lemonade to aid the digestion!

Anonymous said...

This post made me so happy. I love Chick-fil-a and Dave didn't at first. Over the years though, he has grown to really appreciate it, and now wants to go there more often than me!

Chick-fil-a is a wonderful, magical place of happiness.

Also - Boyz II Men End of the Road (High School Dance Remix) playing in the background made me especially sentimental about this post and my tween trips to the mall for some chick-fil-a!!

Holly Park said...

Alright, I'm jealous. Chick-fil-A is right up there as one of those places that makes my life meaningful.

Maurine said...

Chick-fil-A totally reminds me of Anne P as well. Also acidic lemonade as Linds mentioned. My friend here got free chick-fil-A for a year because her husband slept out before the grand opening of one near us. That is some Chick-fil-A dedication.

J.B. said...

This year was the first time I had ever eaten at Chick-fil-A, but I LOVE IT. I'm so glad that a place like this exists. And since all the workers are so happy all the time, it's always been my back-up plan (only somewhat joking) for employment as times get hard. Although, sometimes the nice goes too far and I wonder if they're all brainwashed. Meh. Reading this made me smile.

Cindy said...

LOL! How do you find out about this--I need to send my big boys there!

Beck n' Ben said...

We couldn't get Chick-fil-A out of the brain after reading your post... so where'd we end up last night? Chick-fil-A store # 2346A (okay, so who knows if that's right, but whatever). And it was good. But there wasn't any record-breaking eating going on. Just eight.

Amanda said...

Clark you are hilarious. What a great post!

Shaunee said...

Ahh! My husband would be so jealous! Some nights all he wants for dinner is a Chick-Fil-A nuggets platter. What a great night!

Taryn said...

ditto...Clark you are hilarious, and yes Amy has soooo many qualities that make her almost mary poppins. Practically perfect!

Jesika Harmon said...

You guys are hilarious :)