This is what we (and a lot of great friends) spent the majority of our morning doing. My friend in Cary had a piano (and a couple of other pieces of furniture) that she did not want to take to her new house, so we borrowed a suburban and trailer from a friend at church and recruited more than a handful of friends to help us with some major heavy lifting. It might have been a little easier if we hadn't left the piano dolley we had rented in the trunk of my Kia. It might also have been easier if it hadn't been over 90 degrees today.
Nonetheless, after a lot of sweating we finally got it in place and cleaned off and I even played a song or two. My old piano teacher would be a bit disappointed; I am a little rusty. :-/
We celebrated getting the piano moved by getting lunch with our good friends who were in town for graduation. We finally checked out Watt's Grocery which turned out to be very tasty!
We enjoyed our ride in their yellow bug rental and reminiscing about funny moments in our friendship that made Jared feel super awkward and anxious (see below). It was too funny!
We wrapped up the evening with some other good friends in town for graduation. The Birdno kids came to hang out with us while their parents went to a reception at the school. We had a good time playing Mario Party on the Xbox and then eating popcorn and watching the Princess and the Frog. Some of the crew didn't make it too long. Clark worked the night before and wasn't feeling too well through all of this. What a trooper!

8 comments:
I think my favorite part about this post is the picture of the manual laborers as they carried the piano in. I'm sure they were appreciating you (or whomever it was) taking the picture! But, big congrats on a new piano--something I am intending to round up on our next place (I always say that...)!
What a fun and exhausting day! The piano looks perfect in your home :)
Now, just to clarify: You moved this piano into a house that you will have to move it out of in just a matter of months, right? Nicely done.
Congrats on the piano!!! I'm glad you found people to help you with it.
Your old piano teacher is thrilled that you have a piano in house that you can limber up those fingers on!!! I am so happy for you. I remember getting my piano....not having to go over to a church, hoping someone was there so I could get in and play for an hour or two (when I was pregnant with Stephanie)....lugging my baby grand up the steps into an apt. where it took up most of the living room...only playing in the middle of the day for fear of waking or bugging the neighbors....etc. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can't believe you moved that piano without the dolly! Holy cow! Maybe it is a good thing we missed you guys after all...jk!
aww, I love the piano!
Post a Comment