Doesn't this look inviting? Makes you want to jump in, doesn't it?
The whole family was there sans Phil, Jerai & Boyd. We stayed on a house boat with two wonderful King families and had loads of fun! We ate delicious food, watched World Cup and Wimbledon, woke up early in search of great skiing water, swam, went off the slide, played on wave runners, jumped off cliffs, water-skied, wakeboarded and slept under the stars (some of us).
Cliff jumping:
Beth looks so tiny when she's falling through the air.
Even Mom & Dad joined in on the fun, which is impressive even if the cliff was only 8 feet high :)
Here Rachel, Nate and I waited so someone could document us jumping of this rather high {for me} cliff.
We tried to coordinate our jump to add some flare but it doesn't show in this pic.
Houseboat fun:Most of the crew
Quinton was one of the bravest with his slide tricks.
Swim time
Mom & Dad
The Boat:
Aussie Grayson
Handsome Quinton
Sweet Beth
Dad wins for having the best boat hair.
Unfortunately, all of Steve's, Rachel's and Nate's attempts looked similar to this. Nate is the star of this video.As always, there were bound to be adventures like...
...when the boats wouldn't start.
a boat pulling a boat pulling a wave runner
...and when we got the rope stuck in the motor of one of the wave runners we had rented. We ended up having to dissect the poor machine, taking off its bottom panel and sawing off the rope piece by piece until we cleared the motor. Worked like a dream after that thanks to Dr. Stephen and the many people who helped hold the wave runner on its side!
Operation Wave runner
After an hour or so it was back in top riding condition.
...and finally, on the last run of the morning, Stephen's head hit the ski after a fall and gave him a nice little cut over his eye.
The drive to Lake Powell is about 6 hours and takes you through quite a few small towns. We automatically hit the brakes as we drove past this officer on the side of the road.As we drove past we looked a little closer and saw this...
In the next town we saw a similar jeep, but with a man mannequin. We thought it was a maybe a Sunday thing, but sure enough, the same troopers were in place on our return trip 5 days later.
A trip to remember and a lake that is unforgettable.



9 comments:
Looks like a blast!
Such good memories of trips to Powell..it has been far too long! Looks like a trip worth the travel--glad I got to see you for a bit, too!
what a fun family trip..minus all the family that couldn't be there. I can't believe you jumped off the big cliff. I am terrified of heights!!
Since I regularly drive through those small towns, I am very familiar with those fake cops. They have been there for years and they make me laugh every time.
I am glad you had a great time in Powell.
Totally jealous!! Just one of the many things I miss about Utah. Looks like it was a blast, mishaps and all : ) p.s. Love the matching swim suits and your dad's boat hair, awesome!
Totally jealous!! Just one of the many things I miss about Utah. Looks like it was a blast, mishaps and all : ) p.s. Love the matching swim suits and your dad's boat hair, awesome!
Oh it sounds like you all had a great time!! I love the matching swim suits. That doesn't happen all that often with swim wear. I wish we could have been there! I'm impressed you went off that cliff--I'm not sure I would have (maybe with a little peer pressure). Hopefully we can go next year!!! Can't wait to see you guys in a couple of weeks! We'll have a blast at Bear Lake! And I'm so excited that Clark gets to come. I'll be working on Phil to come down for a few days.
Oh it looks like every one had a great time! I love the matching swim suits! That doesn't happen very often with swim wear. I am also impressed that you jumped off that cliff. I'm not sure I would have unless I had enough peer pressure. =) Hopefully we'll be able to go next year! We're so excited to see you again in a couple of weeks! Bear Lake will be so much fun and I'm excited that Clark gets to come this year. I will be working on Phil over the next couple of weeks to come down for a few days!
looks like so much fun!
Post a Comment