Wednesday, July 14, 2010

My 3 Fourths

This year I got to celebrate my favorite holiday in three different states.  

#1:  Idaho Falls, Idaho
 
My brother Grayson and I spent Saturday morning in Idaho Falls.  Grandma and Grandpa Monson took us to watch the parade with some of my aunts, uncles and cousins.  It was very fun to see them and the parade was, well, it was interesting.  Here are some of the parade entries that caught my attention...
How's that for a slogan?  The best part was that they were throwing out definite "non-diabetic" candy.

We all know that patriotism and haunted houses go hand in hand.  These spooky guys danced it up on the truck bed.
This guy was offering hugs. 
These landscapers had a choreographed 8 count or two that had everyone cheering.  It was great!
And can I just mention that it was freezing!  For July anyway!  We were all in sweatshirts and blankets!

#2:  Provo, Utah
I lucked out and snagged a ticket to go to the Stadium of Fire with some of the Parkinson clan on Saturday night.  There really is no place like Provo to celebrate the 4th.  The night was a blast--the jets and Carrie Underwood were the highlights.  The fireworks were awesome too, but I had a red-eye to catch and had to watch the fireworks as I was walking to the car.
Carrie Underwood

#3:  Cary, North Carolina
Clark, Margaret and Vaughn were all there when I flew back to North Carolina on Sunday.  That evening we headed down to Cary to the Koka Booth Amphitheater where the North Carolina Symphony put on a free concert.  The music was wonderful--I especially loved the patriotic medley and sing-a-long.  The weather was quite bearable and the company was superb.  It was relaxing, fun and the fireworks were really spectacular.  
Clark loves it when I clean up his spills :)
We took lots of cute pics but this one is a little on a the gross side.  I am amazed that people can be so self-unaware!
 
Margaret caught this great shot of the fireworks.  Oh so fun!  We really do love it when Margaret and Vaughn come to town!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Great post! We loved being a part of one of your fabulous 4th of July celebrations. HUGS!

Cindy said...

Ok, next year I want to know about the free symphony concert with fireworks! But don't worry, I will definitely *not* let it all hang out!!

Katie said...

Looks like fun- exhausting, but fun! I just got home from seeing Eclipse and I feel like I just spend the evening with YOU (you Alice look-a-like)!

Holly Park said...

And after all these years we've thought the Provo parade was the best! Idaho has a few things on us, for sure.

Jessica Shumway said...

So fun! Wish Austin could have been another stop on your route. :)

Corinne said...

You are a traveling fool Amy. Agree...Provo is the best on the 4th. Especially because they don't have to deal with humidity and bugs.