We always look forward to our week in Bear Lake with the Monson Family. We certainly missed a big chunk of our immediate family; but all of my mom's sibling were there, which hasn't happened in a while. Also, we got to introduce Emmett to Bear Lake! How sweet is this picture of Great Grandma Monson walking with him at the shore?! I love it. We had great weather this year--hot days, very little wind, nice water. It was probably the most relaxing part of our Utah trip, and we definitely enjoyed not having to be in the car at all for a few days.
During the day we were usually in the pool, at the beach or on the lake. In the evenings we played some tennis, sat in the hot tub, played a few games (tug-o-war, candy bar game) and watched tons of Olympic events. As always, we had good food and conversation each night. I really enjoyed all the time to hang out and catch up with grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Emmett was a pretty good little boater. He got comfy with grandma and was soon lulled to sleep by the rocking of the boat.
Is he not the sweetest thing ever?!?
We found some nice water for skiing. It felt great to be out on the water again, though my body was sore for days afterward.
We had a few success stories of people trying new skills. Quinton got up on the slalom ski, as did Lauren--even if it was just for a few seconds! Ethan got up on the wake board, and Ally and Ashlyn both gave a good try on two skis. Others also gave good efforts and will surely see more success next time around!
My handsome husband relaxing on the boat. I was pulling a face, right? That's not what I look like when I'm just relaxing, is it? Please say no.
The water might look a little cold according to dad's face here, but it really wasn't too bad this year. The days were hot enough that we welcomed a chance to jump in the chilly water. It was so refreshing!
We had lots of fun on the new mable with all the cousins. Ally, Ashlyn and I are good buddies and ride together each year. I love the expressions on their faces! Such entertaining girls!
These four were all born the same year and could hardly be separated from each other! This 2-person tube gave them a good thrill with my dad at the wheel!
Emmett with Aunt Beth
Aunt Beth introducing Emmett to the world of tootsie pops. Not bad, eh?!
Love this smirk on his face. That kid is something else.
Helping Pop-Pop drive the boat.
If there was a negative part to the trip, it would have to be the beach. It was more like mud. Not very appealing, unless you're nearly one years old. In that case, it's awesome. Emmett was perfectly content to crawl around in this muck and try to shove handfuls of it in his mouth when he thought his parents weren't looking. I'm still trying to get his swimsuit clean...
I really feel blessed to come from such great family. I am a lucky girl!
12 years ago







1 comment:
He is a cutie! And you're right--your end of Bear Lake was muddier than ours...
Post a Comment