Monday, July 27, 2009

Catching up: Boston

I am still playing some catch up and am just about there! Clark's notes in blue. It has been a crazy summer of traveling, friends and fun. One of our fast and furious trips was up to Boston to spend some time with our good friends and old neighbors, Brian and Clare. We were only there about 24 hours, but we managed to get in some great sites and great food. We even had time for Shrek Party (similar to Mario Party and very fun Xbox game) and Boggle before we turned in for the night. Here is a quick summary of our quick trip:
Boston Commons. I love the rich, historical feel of this city. Boston Commons was very cool and the roasted almonds were delicious.
Lamp posts and great architecture. 24 hours is just not enough. I am surprised that of all the things Amy wanted to mention, she chose the lamp posts. Sometimes, I can't explain my wife.


This is a public library? We have got some work to do here in North Carolina...And the other 48 states in the union.


The courtyard of the library. Yes, public library.


The Boston Gardens were amazing. Lots of interesting, beautiful, manicured gardens. These flowers remind me of Alice in Wonderland.

The Granary Burying Grounds. One of many stops along the Freedom Trail.


Brian & Clare. What a cute couple and nice hosts!
Great entertainment in Quincy Market. I could hardly drag Clark away from these guys! This is sort of an awkward photo, but these guys were hands down the best breakdancers/hip hop dancers I have ever seen. Go youtube "Yak breakdance" and enjoy. I literally couldn't believe the things they were doing.


More random entertainment! They are holding still in both of these pictures! These guys were fantastic jugglers and entertainers. This stuff was unbelievable and supposedly they are recent MIT graduates that met in school and just started juggling for fun and made it into a whole act.



Subway time. It was only 30 seconds after this picture was taken, that we received the news on my phone that Michael Jackson had died. It was just one of those moments in history that you will always remember where you were and what you were doing when it happened. Clare was especially saddened by the news.


Delicious ice cream. I am ready to go back now. Me too. Boston was great.
This place was like a dream come true for Clark with an enormous and clever burger menu. Clark enjoyed his "Stimulus Package" and I loved my "Steve Jobs" burger. Mmmmmm. I love burgers. Amy acts like its a bad thing, but I love burgers. Side note: I almost always order a burger when we eat out and Amy makes fun of me for not taking risks and "branching out." Incidentally, I almost always love my meal, while Amy often doesn't love hers.
Boston's North End. Sea air really in invigorating, isn't it!

No comments: