July 3--High School Reunion
July 4--Independence Day




The parade
My adorable nephew!
My family--just missing my husband who was working and Baby Boyd who was napping!
Not a bad picture considering we used the timer setting!
I love the 4th in Utah. I love seeing everyone dressed in red, white and blue. I love watching fireworks in the cool mountain air. The parade was lots of fun. We saw lots of great floats, applauded the veterans, and clapped to the beat of the marching bands. After the parade, we played at the pool and then enjoyed a tasty BBQ with the Rammell's. I watched the fireworks with a full stomach and went to bed grateful for this country and those who defend it. I was glad to spend my favorite holiday with my family.
Beth was so excited that I was going to be in town for her birthday, and so was I! My flight was in the afternoon, but we filled our day with plenty of birthday excitement. We started the day with a birthday breakfast of Dad's sourdough pancakes. Next stop was the mall where Beth got her ears pierced. She was a little nervous and was pleasantly surprised that it didn't hurt at all! It was a great girl-bonding moment! We then celebrated with lunch with the girls at PF Chang's. Not a bad day for an 11-year-old and her big sister!

6 comments:
Beth is pretty cute - she looks a lot like you. And she is lucky that the ear-piercing didn't hurt. Mine really hurt, so I won't be able to convince daughters very well that it'll be painless. And you do sort of look like a high schooler. Sorry.
How great that you could be there for your sister's birthday. It's hard being the oldest and missing things while they grow up, isn't it!
Good for you for going to your HS reunion. I ditched out on mine last year! Looks like you had a fun 4th! Reminds me of fun times as neighbors.
i am so jealous! wish i could have seen you!!!! fun day with the girls. miss you!
Oh how I miss Utah I can't believe you and clark were a Ma and Pa, It seemed like such a fun trek!
I had so much fun when you were in town! It was great to do a girls day on Beth birthday! It was much needed on my end! I'm so glad that you're going to be back so soon because I miss you. Hopefully Clark will be able to come this time. I was talking with the family the other day and every one was saying how much they hope Clark can come and how much we miss you guys and like having you around! Less iChat again! Love you!
Post a Comment