Monday, July 27, 2009

Caught up: New York

Clark and I traveled directly from Boston to NYC, and we did it in style via the Megabus. It was a pretty cozy ride, we settled in for our 5 hour drive on the upper deck of the bus. It was spacious and right next to an electric outlet. Next time we will be prepared with handful of movies to watch, but we enjoyed the scenery and spent time observing all the foreign travelers on the bus. In honor of what Amy calls my "new pink shirt" (I think it's light red), I am going to post my comments in this font color. This Megabus was awesome. Everyone should ride a Megabus at least once in their lifetime. In fact, few people know this, but the lyrics to Tim McGraw's song "Live like you were dying" used to be, "I've been skydiving, I've been Megabus riding, I went 2.7 seconds on a bull named Fu Manchu" but since McGraw is endorsed by Greyhound busses, he had to change the words. I didn't make that story up at all.


The whole purpose of our trip was for the wedding celebration of Clark's sister Annie (June 28). We got to spend some great family time together and enjoyed getting to know Annie's friends and Yahya's family. The wedding turned out really well with plenty of laughter and dancing. My sister and her husband entered the wedding processional to the song "Final Countdown." It was funny and unconventional, which is what my sister was going for. I also thought about Gob Bluth doing magic tricks to the song.


The Day and Night wedding parties.



Gift-giving, story-telling, toasting.

When we weren't busy with the wedding, we played in the big city. We were so glad to be able to spend time with Vaughn, Margaret and Kent in Central Park, at the Shake Shack, and Time Square. If only we would have had time to go to a Broadway show! Amy and I couldn't really agree on which broadway show we would see, so maybe it was for the best. And the shake shack was delicious. If you are ever by the museum of natural history in Manhattan, go check out the Shake Shack.



We spent our fair share of time in the subway. I am happy in this picture because my luggage is no where in sight. New York City is a miserable and crowded place to have to haul bags around in--especially during rush hour. Clark and I have been walking on each other's backs for weeks trying to get everything back in the right place! I also move 300 + pound people during my job all of the time. I probably already have the back of a 55 year old man.



I don't know why my fonts have changed throughout this post. Hmm. Keep the audience on their collective toes. That's what I always say.

3 comments:

Sarah, RN said...

love the updates. you guys sure know how to party. Tell me, which wedding party was more fun, day or night??? fun times :)

love you both!

Jessica Shumway said...

I have two comments. 1. I am still laughing at the Gob Bluth comment. And 2. Poor little Kent, handing Yahya some unmentionables, hahaha!

Sounds like a great time! :)

Jerai Moulton said...

Love the double commenting! And you gotta love that Gob Bluth! It really is a shame he wasn't there, although I guess he probably would have blinded some one with a penny or lit some one on fire.