Sunday, August 16, 2009

Monson 2009 Reunion at Bear Lake

The view my sister, Beth, and I saw of Bear Lake as we drove out of Logan Canyon.
A trip to Bear Lake is not complete without a raspberry shake. Mmmmm.
Nasty fish at the marina. Quite entertaining to watch and feed though! Check out their mouths! Ew!
Tubing on the Mable of FUN!
Oh wait--it's SCARY, too!
We enjoyed many pleasant hours on the beach. I love the sky in this picture.
Swimming. Not for too long though--the blue water is chilly!
Sweet Ally learned that you don't always have to scream when riding the tube. Sometimes you can have fun and laugh! My eardrums were grateful!
My sweet dad, the boat driver. Without my oldest brothers there this year, the two of us spent most of our time on boat duty.
Cousins at play.
The spoils of the infamous candy bar game. This is round two with the older
grandkids.
The Monson Crew--a lot of them, anyway.

As always, I had a lot of fun at Bear Lake catching up with family that I don't get to see very often. This year we also played lots of tennis, at lots of ice cream, and enjoyed a great girls night with the movie Persuasion. The only things missing were my husband and brothers, Phil & Steve!


8 comments:

jenna said...

so sad phil, steve and clark couldn't make it! real lives are no fun huh?! looks like you've made it to utah a TON this summer. jealous! hope we get to see you soon.

Lindsey said...

How fun, I am craving boating, I haven't been in years!

Holly Park said...

So fun! It's been ages since I've been to Bear Lake. It's such a Utah goodie. Glad you got to go, even if sans Clark...tell him to ask for the time of now for next year:).

Jerai Moulton said...

So much fun. I'm looking forward to next year! Wish we could have been there!

Unknown said...

We were so sad we couldn't come! Next year for sure :)
And next year, lets have our own candy bar game, we miss out because we are old :)

Taryn said...

what fun!

Unknown said...

Amy, no way! I was doing a little blog surfing and thought some of your little cousins looked familiar. They are totally in my ward! Sweet little James is in our primary class right now. In fact, he was telling us about his trip to Bear Lake just the other day. Such a small world. Love it!
-Stacie Harper

janae said...

Mmmmm, I can almost taste the raspberry shakes.