One of the traditions on my mom's side of the family is for all the women/girls to gather for a garden party each summer. Each year has a different theme and my mom and aunt work all year gathering decorations, props, supplies and planning ridiculously cute details. It has been a number of years since I have been able to attend, and I'm so glad I didn't miss out on this delightful evening! This year's theme was centered around vintage (Dick & Jane-esque) school.
Here is the set up. Detailed center pieces, quilted table runners made just for the night, intricate place-settings and favors all came together to create the setting.
Jerai gets the bulk of the credit for making the cute pencils filled with Hershey kisses and tied with this year's charm.
Aunt Steff and I decorated the alphabet cookies, and everyone else contributed to the delicious dessert display.
Mom and Geri made for darling lunch-ladies (much cuter than the ones from my elementary days) and served us a very tasty lunch-line style dinner on old fashioned-lunch trays, of course! The menu: gourmet mac & cheese, rolls & butter, peas & carrots, molded jello w/ whipped cream, and the cutest bottled milk ever.
We visited over dinner and stuffed ourselves with desserts, the younger girls worked on their craft (gum-wrapper chains, but with cute paper), and then we gathered for a lesson by Aunt Steff.
And then it was time for recess...hopscotch, hula-hoops, jump ropes and kickball. All of these well-dressed ladies (one of them fairly pregnant) participated in the activities and brought back the playground chants of "Cinderella dressed in yellow..." and "Not last night but the night before..." . Some showed off their partnering skills (Mom & Grandma) and others (Aunt Charise) showed off their impressive double-dutch talents. I was lousy at the hula-hooping, but I did managed to kick a home run for my kickball team!
I love this picture of all the Moulton girls jumping rope together. I was a little sore afterward, but it was definitely worth it! To wrap up the evening, everyone received a class picture. Isn't it great? Jerai did a fantastic job putting it together. What a great thing it is to have such wonderful women in my life!






6 comments:
You Moulton women are Just.Too.Much! Now, let me know when you're taking applications for honorary sisters. Adorable!!
Please tell me someone took video of you hula-hooping. Please.
How fun! Your family really knows how to throw an awesome party! Your last two posts look like they are in a magazine!
Oh my goodness. I can't even imagine being able to pull something like that off! But what fun!
I'm SOOOO glad that you were able to make it to the Tea Party this year! I had so much fun with you, even if we might have been going a little crazy making those pencils!! Your cookies turned out amazing! They looked and tasted so good!! Thanks for all the shout outs, but I couldn't have done any of it with out you!!! And way to go for kicking the home run winning ball. Even though it meant my team lost, I was okay because it was you! Love you lots!! Can't wait for next year!!
ADORABLE! Oh my goodness. Such a kindred spirit! So, my mom and sisters started a similar tradition years ago, only we called it a Doll Party and every year there is a different theme (Southern Belle, International, etc.) I didn't know anyone else did things like that. I want to hear more about your garden party (love the name) and get ideas. Simply fabulous.
Post a Comment