The most interesting man in the world.
He also happens to be the father of my child.
Ode to My Moustache
A poem by Clark Schmutz
Oh you. Moustache.
So caring. So trusting.
So warming of my stiff upper lip.
So misunderstood in a world of beards and soul patches.
Milk can imitate you, but won't replace you.
Time can gray you, but never antiquate you.
My love. My moustache.
12 years ago

6 comments:
Oh, Clark. You gjcrzy.
I just have to say how good Clark looks! Although I feel kind of awkward saying that since he does not have a shirt on... =) But really, Clark you look awesome! Way to go on the weight loss!!
Good work on all the blogging (and all the freezing). You must be nesting! Not too much longer now!
Also I thought I would just mention this: The last post I did before Boyd was born was about Phil fixing our ice machine in our FREEZER. Hmmm, maybe yours will end up being about a freezer too. Oh wait, you already posted that. So bring on the baby!!! =)
Ok--that's right up there with the poem I wrote to my orthodontic wax right before I got my braces off... ;)
That poem brought tears to my eye.
Thanks for a good chuckle. Your artistic ability is profound...right up there with your moustache!
I never thought a mustache ode could be so moving, yet here I am, profoundly moved by Clark's poetic genius ; )
Seriously though, that was hilarious. He should post this on Facebook, I bet he would get a million "likes" : )
Post a Comment