And now for the big introduction of the newest member of the family:
Isn't he cute? It's a freezer by the way.
It makes quite the addition to our dining room, doesn't it? I think we got a decent price on it, thanks to my kind stubbornness and request to speak to the manager. (It's a good thing that Clark wasn't with me--he gets super embarrassed about that kind of thing). I do get embarrassed about it. I believe in getting the best deal possible and all, but Amy is really shrewd and good at getting what she wants. Trust me. It just makes me sad, when we go into the house of some really nice couple that wants to sell us something for $30 but Amy won't pay a penny over $28. Of course Amy gets her way, but I can imagine that nice father or mother telling their children that they have to eat Ramen Noodles that night, because that "demanding woman" paid $4 less than we expected. I guess what I am trying to say is that self respect and good faith is worth $4 to me. Maybe it's worth even more. In my defense, this took place at Sears, not some nice family's house; and I saved us much more than $4.
My biggest regret is that I didn't get a picture of the box it came in. I had left the freezer in the box and left to go to a young women's activity. When I came home, the box looked like the hulk (or a Clark) had hatched out of it! Pieces of cardboard were strewn all over! But there was my freezer, all set up and running happily in the corner. I didn't really have any tools to open the freezer adequately. It was encased in a solid cardboard box and I just started ripping it open with my bare hands. I couldn't wait to get that thing in the corner, freezing all my vegetables and meats and dinners. It was me vs. the box, one on one. And the box didn't stand a chance. Later Amy asked why I didn't just use the box cutter in the toolbox? I never knew we had one.
And now I get to pack it full of meat, freezer jam, meals, popsicles, and other good things. I'm pretty thrilled about it.

4 comments:
Amy!! Totally awesome! And, just the right size...you got this at Sears??? Need details! :)
You're going to love it! Mark's parents gave us a freezer a few years ago for Christmas. That freezer has been awesome. It's harder to control myself at Costco though because I don't have that nagging "Will we have enough freezer space?" question anymore. :) Congrats! (I hope your next new addition is a bit more cuddly though.)
Okay. So first I totally thought you had your baby early. That was a mean trick. But then I realized that I would have heard about you having your baby from family before I would see it on your blog. Then I felt dumb. I wish we had a second freezer. And I love seeing all the beef at the bottom. That makes me happy because that's what the bottom of our freezer looks like.
More strawberry freezer jam is in your future--I can just see it!
Post a Comment